The website www.hotelmatriz.pt is owned and operated by Manteiga – Alojamento Turístico Lda, with tax identification number 512086176, hereinafter Hotel Matriz. This Privacy and Cookies Policy is intended to explain how Hotel Matriz collects, uses, and discloses your personal data and others that may be collected while browsing our website.
- Guiding Principles
Hotel Matriz undertakes to guarantee the privacy and protection of the personal data of customers and visitors, following all the legal rules and regulations in force, in line with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016, on the protection of natural persons regarding the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data (GDPR). By using Hotel Matriz website, you are agreeing to the practices described in this statement.
- Data Collection
When using Hotel Matriz website, tools and associated services, we may locate the following types of personal information about you, as necessary:
- Name, email address, telephone number and home, work and billing address;
- Government-issued identification documents required for booking or identity verification purposes, such as ID card, passport, driver’s license, and tax identification number.
- Payment information, such as payment card number, expiration date and billing address;
- Preferences related to reservations and requests, such as preferred types of accommodation or specific food and accessibility needs, as available;
- Birth date and gender;
- Geographic location;
- Images, videos and others supported;
- Social media account IDs and other publicly available information;
- Communications with us (such as follow-up calls with customer service representatives for quality control and training purposes);
- Searches made, transactions and other interactions with you on our online services;
- Other communications made possible through the platform between partners;
- Surveys and transactions carried out through the platform;
- Data you provide us about other people, such as booking partners or other people for whom you make a booking;
- Information we receive about you from authorized service providers, which may include up-to-date contact information, demographics, interests and purchase history, which we may add to your profile or account and use for market research and analysis purposes.
The user guarantees that the personal data provided to Hotel Matriz are true and becomes responsible for communicating any changes.
In addition to this data, while accessing the website, as well as its navigability, computer data will also be automatically collected, which are temporarily recorded in specific files, and are also automatically deleted after a certain period, such as: IP address; Geographical location information; Information about your visits to and use of this website, including length of visit, page views and website navigation paths; Date and time of access; Name and url of the transferred file; Volume of transmitted data; Transfer status information, namely its conclusion; Browser software and operating system identification data; Website from which you accessed our website; Word you used to search our website; Internet service provider name, which help us to improve our platform and associated services and tools, update and maintain accurate records, detect and investigate potential fraud, and promote our services more effectively.
We also collect this information through automatic technologies, such as cookies placed in your browser with your consent, where applicable, when you access our websites or download and use our applications.
- Purpose of Collected Data
All data collected is intended for the use of the Hotel Matriz, namely to allow the use of the services available on our website, guarantee the quality of the service, and to obtain general statistics on the use of the Hotel Matriz website.
We use your personal information for the various purposes described below:
- To allow an accommodation booking;
- To provide services related to the reservation and/or the account;
- To keep your search history, preferences and accommodation, as well as similar information about your use and for any other purposes described in this Privacy and Cookies Policy;
- To enable and facilitate the acceptance and processing of payments, coupons and other transactions;
- To provide loyalty programs;
- To collect and enable reviews related to reservations;
- Communications and marketing;
- To respond to your inquiries and requests for information, as well as process options regarding the information;
- To contact you to provide information such as confirmations and updates about your booking, for marketing purposes or for other purposes described in this Privacy and Cookies Policy;
- To promote our products and services, optimize these marketing activities to be more relevant to you, and measure and analyze the effectiveness of our marketing and promotions;
- To maintain, improve, research and evaluate the effectiveness of our website;
- To monitor or record calls, chat conversations and other communications with our customer service team and other representatives, for quality control, training, dispute resolution and other purposes described in this Privacy and Cookies Policy;
- To promote security, verify the identity of our customers, prevent and investigate fraud and unauthorized activities, defend against claims and other liabilities and to manage other risks;
- To comply with applicable law, protect our rights and interests, as well as those of our users, to defend ourselves and respond to law enforcement authorities, other legal authorities and requests within the framework of legal processes;
- To comply with applicable security and anti-terrorism, anti-bribery, customs and immigration laws, as well as other laws and due diligence requirements;
- To operate our business for lawful commercial purposes and within the law.
- Data Storage
All customer and visitor data will be kept for the time necessary to comply with legal obligations and it guarantees. Customers and visitors can, at any time, ask to access, rectify, or delete their personal data by sending an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Data Sharing
Hotel Matriz does not sell, rent, or provide your information to third parties.
Hotel Matriz may also provide this data to the authorities for the purposes of criminal proceedings.
- Data Security and Confidentiality
Hotel Matriz uses several measures, both technologically and organizationally, which aim to guarantee the security of the information collected and the protection of personal data collected, to prevent unauthorized use or access, alteration, disclosure, loss and destruction.
Hotel Matriz stores the data of its customers and visitors on its servers located in the European Union, protected, and maintained in accordance with high security standards and in order to respect the applicable privacy laws. In case there is very sensitive information, such as a credit card number, this should only be used with a secure server using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, never otherwise.
What types of cookies are used?
Analytical Cookies: are used for the purpose of creating and analyzing statistics, to improve the functioning of the website, without ever collecting personal information.
Functionality Cookies: store user and visitor preferences regarding the use of the website, so that it is not necessary to reconfigure the website each time you visit it.
Third Party Cookies: these cookies are created from third party services such as Google, Youtube, Facebook, among others. They can be used to show you advertising related to your actions on the website.
You have the possibility to accept or reject cookies. You should not continue to access to Hotel Matriz website after the warning about cookies, if you do not agree with their use. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can easily modify this. If you do, you may not be able to have such an effective experience when visiting our website and you will not be able to take advantage of the interactive possibilities of Hotel Matriz website.
- Link to Social Networks
You can access the Hotel Matriz Social Networks from our website. However, we are not responsible for their Privacy and Cookies Policies, nor are we responsible for the processing of data after your connection to the respective social networks.
We recommend reading their conditions of use and privacy policies, to know exactly how they use the personal data of customers and visitors, as well as the procedure for eliminating or limiting the processing of such data.
For any question related to the protection of your personal data or about the cookies used, you can contact Hotel Matriz at the following address: (email@example.com).