Terms & Conditions
- Objectives and General Considerations
These General Conditions are intended to regulate the Terms and Conditions of the website www.hotelmatriz.pt, owned and operated by Manteiga – Alojamento Turístico Lda., with tax identification number 512086176, hereinafter Hotel Matriz.
The Terms and Conditions presented, apply to the relationship between the visitor, designated hereinafter by the Client, and the Hotel Matriz, the functionalities and rules of the site and the rules regarding the stay, namely, regarding the operation, hours and services provided, as well as well as other relevant information.
The use of the Hotel Matriz website implies acceptance and full agreement with all the parameters presented in the Terms and Conditions received here, as well as the Privacy and Cookies Policy in force on the website. If you do not accept, in whole or in part, any of the stipulated conditions, you must not perform any action on the website.
Our main objective is the satisfaction of our customers and for this, Hotel Matriz undertakes to process all reservations made on the website in a timely and diligent manner, as well as the delivery in the best conditions of all services contracted by the customer.
Hotel Matriz reserves the right to update, change, delete or change any content of the Terms and Conditions, as well as the website without prior notice. It is advisable to periodically check the Terms and Conditions for any changes or updates.
In situations that are not provided for in the Terms and Conditions, resort to the applicable legislation.
All prices on the website are per room for the entire stay, including VAT and all taxes, unless otherwise stated on the website or in the confirmation email. Sometimes there are cheaper rates available on our website, it all depends on different variables, such as number of people, selected regime, or length of stay. Please check the room description and rate carefully before making your reservation.
Published prices may change without notice.
There is no charge for children up to 2 years of age, if they stay in the room of the adults responsible for them. The Hotel Matriz must always be informed of the inclusion of a child in the reservation so that accommodation can be adapted, if necessary.
For children between 2 and 12 years old, 50% of the amount will be charged for an extra bed, provided they are sharing a room with the responsible adults.
It is the Client’s sole responsibility to inform the Hotel Matriz of the number of people (adults and children) who will occupy the accommodation.
If more people are present than those stipulated in the reservation, the Customer’s entry may be refused without refund.
- Check in e Check Out
Hotel Matriz provides accommodation from 2 pm on the date of arrival.
Upon arrival (check-in), the Client will have to identify himself and provide his identification documents, namely citizen card or passport.
The Customer will have to leave the accommodation unoccupied with people and goods and without any damage by 12:00 on the departure date.
If the accommodation is not vacated by the time defined in these Terms and Conditions, and without any justification or prior consent from the Hotel Matriz, a compensation corresponding to the price of one night will be charged, with the Client only having the right to use the accommodation for that period if available.
The Hotel provides the following services to its Clients:
- Buffet breakfast;
- Parking: Hotel Matriz has private parking for its Clients;
- Laundry service: Available for Hotel Matriz Clients.
- Payment Terms
The payment of the value of accommodation during the stay and other services must be paid at the time of confirming the reservation.
This amount, as well as the cancellation amount, will be mentioned at the time of booking, and may vary according to the promotional rate or the type of accommodation chosen by the Customer.
Hotel Matriz accepts the following payments:
- Credit Card: With this method of payment, you will be asked to provide us with your card details to guarantee your reservation. All payments will be processed securely, and the processing of the data provided is confidential and non-transferable. Charges made to credit cards will be made solely and exclusively by the Hotel Matriz. Hotel Matriz undertakes to respond to any request submitted by the cardholder within a maximum period of two days. Hotel Matriz recommends that you keep a copy containing the transaction data for future reference if necessary. The transaction will be carried out by the company Manteiga – Alojamento Turístico Lda, Lda after confirming the reservation, at which time the respective digital voucher will be sent with detailed information. Hotel Matriz ensures the refund of the reservation amount in case of valid exercise of the consumer’s withdrawal, if applicable, as defined in the Consumer Protection legislation.
- MBWay: With this payment method, you are asked for your telephone number so that you can proceed with the payment, and the customer is obliged to make the payment within the period provided by the platform. This payment method is only valid for Portugal.
- Multibanco: When selecting this payment method when making the reservation, an Multibanco reference is automatically generated, which will be made available to the customer in the reservation confirmation email. This modality requires payment of the reservation within 24 hours of its being made, otherwise it may be canceled by the Hotel Matriz. This payment method is only valid for Portugal.
- Cancellation Policy
The cancellation policy is common to all reservations made on the site, applying to all reservations with a mandatory deposit.
- If you do not check-in at the accommodation unit on the first day of the reservation without notifying, Hotel Matriz reserves the right to cancel your reservation and may apply a penalty of up to 100% of the reservation.
- For reservation modifications, fees may apply.
- In case of cancellation or no-show at the accommodation unit, the entire reservation will be charged.
- Delivery Rules and Deadlines: Hotel Matriz undertakes to provide the contracted service, as well as the respective digital voucher as soon as the reservation process is completed within a maximum period of 24 hours. Hotel Matriz gives the Customer the possibility of canceling the reservation through the right of free resolution, if it is in accordance with the legal period (14 calendar days), without any justification or cost. Hotel Matriz undertakes to refund the amount charged in the event of a cancellation validated by the previous point.
- Without prejudice to the general conditions and cancellation policy already described, there may be specific conditions indicated in the reservation voucher.
- Complaints regarding material defects
The Customer must inspect the room upon arrival and immediately report any defects found to the hotel reception.
Any defects that may arise during the stay must be reported to the hotel reception as soon as the Customer becomes aware of them.
Upon verifying that there is indeed a defect in the Customer’s room, Hotel Matriz has the right to choose between repairing it and relocating the Customer in a room that has at least the same category contracted with the Customer.
For the purposes, only serious defects likely to jeopardize the level of service and quality will be considered, and the Hotel Matriz is not obliged to take any measures in the case of complaints that are irrelevant, unreasonable or that relate to details that do not conflict with the minimum level of contracted service.
If the Hotel Matriz does not have the means to repair the relevant defect or to replace the Customer’s room with another of an equivalent or superior category, the Customer may only terminate the contract and receive the price paid for the room, and may demand nothing more from the Hotel Matriz, whatever the title.
- Responsibility of the Main Hotel
The Hotel Matriz is responsible for ensuring adequate conditions of hygiene, cleanliness, and safety of the accommodation.
Hotel Matriz is not responsible for personal belongings that may disappear inside the hotel.
- Rights and Duties of the Client(s)
- Confidentiality on the part of Hotel Matriz regarding the use of the personal data of the Client(s).
- Housekeeping and housekeeping.
- Free WiFi.
- Respect the rules established by collaboration in compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Honor the personal dignity of Hotel Matriz employees, guests and/or others.
- In the event of theft, property damage, fire, floods, anomalies or deficiencies in the accommodation, as well as in the stay in general, and in the services provided, the Client must immediately report it to the employees of the Hotel Matriz, so that they are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Use the Hotel Matriz, accommodation and spaces, in an appropriate and careful way, taking responsibility whenever it causes any damage to the accommodation.
- Do not make your property belonging to the accommodation unit.
- The Client(s) must not use devices that could endanger the safety of people and the facilities of the Hotel Matriz.
- It is forbidden to smoke inside the Hotel Matriz, rooms, common spaces and open fires inside the facilities. There are designated smoking areas.
- Carrying a weapon or sharp instrument that could endanger your life and that of others.
- As a matter of respect and understanding for all guests, special attention is asked for silence in the common areas. It is not allowed to produce noise or activities that cause noise between 11 pm and 7 am.
- Property damage and loss
The Customer is obliged to indemnify Hotel Matriz for any damage caused to the accommodation and/or the respective facilities/support areas, as well as damages arising from the violation of the duties set forth in these Terms and Conditions, including lawyers’ fees and court costs.
- Complaints and Compliments
Hotel Matriz provides a complaints book and a compliments book.
Unless stated otherwise, the software necessary for our services, available or used by our website and the intellectual property rights (including copyright) of the content, information and material on our website are the property of Manteiga – Alojamento Turístico Lda., its suppliers or providers. To the extent permitted by law, these terms and conditions and the performance of our services shall be governed and construed in accordance with Portuguese law and any dispute arising from these general terms and conditions and our services will be submitted to the competent courts of Ponta Delgada, Portugal.